Saturday, November 28, 2009

12 minute wrong number

I listened to/ watched a leagle show earlier where the atty stated that no one makes a 12 minute wrong number. Well I have. About 2-3 moths ago I called my guy to have a nice chat. He's gone a lot teaching various things at various places. Anyway, we were having a nice chat about what we did that day whe he suddenly said "wait, you're carla, right?" and I said "Who the Hell is Carla?" Apparently I had dialed the wrong number, neither of us realized it and he thought I was his woman and I thought he was my guy and we had a chat for 12 minutes not realizing that I'm not carla and he wasn't my guy. Yep, it took us 12 minutes. When he was done laughing, my guy was perplexed how this dude thought I was "carla" because I have a unique voice. Perhaps Carla is my voice double? Who kows, but if you ever need a reason in court, there are people who infact do spend 12 minutes on a wrong number.

that's all for now, i burnt my hand on the toaster oven and it hurts.

4 comments:

  1. one of my pet peeves is when someone calls MY home and asks "Who is this?" What do you mean 'who is this?" who the hell did you call?? I usually answer "Who is this?" sometimes we go back and forth a few times "Who is this?" "Who is THIS?" then I hang up. I hate talking on the telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response to the classic, "Who is this?" question is, "Who did you want?"

    How about those lengthy voice mail messages where the caller goes on and on, thinking he's reached the person he thought he was calling?

    I've called people back to tell them that I got their message, instead of the person they thought they were calling. They're grateful, I'm happy and for very little effort two people feel good for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bigjoe and i would never talk to another person for 12 minutes without knowing we had the wrong person. after 31 years we have a secret language and codes that no one else would ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is your voice "unique"? Can you characterize it?

    ReplyDelete