Monday, November 16, 2009

Things are Looking up

Mandolin is better, though her voice is still scratchy. I am still under the weather but feeling better today than yesterday etc.

I host thanksgiving every year, this is because we're usually away for christmas and it's been deemed important to see relatives for at least one of the holidays. Anyway, my sisters requested my guy to buy them an edible arrangement. (they asked him because they're both miserably single and when they aren't single, they only date broke losers, so a lot of the neat husband stuff comes from my guy). Anyway, they wanted chocolate covered strawberries and he bought a fruit medly but got chocolate sauce on the side as a compromise to those of us who don't want to weigh as much as a large marine mammal.

I called my family to let them know about the fruit and they informed me that they aren't coming to my place for thanksgiving. I'm okay with that. My issue here is that they weren't going to tell me. They were just going to stay home that day and not call. Man what a bunch of white trash. I have no idea where I came from but I really feel like I've been raised by wolves. My mom gave me some backhanded reason why they weren't coming. They don't want to come to my house because we don't eat deep fried fat, whole milk and lard stuffed food.

After two seconds of thought I remarked that them not coming makes my life easier because we were actually going to make two dinners, one for people who aren't lardasses and one for the rest of us. Now, I only have to make the non-lardass foods and won't have to spend the day with them.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot less stress for you, and less stress is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose there's an absolute limit to just how small-minded your marine-mammal sized relatives can get... And I'm sure they'll eventually find that lower limit.

    Please keep us posted on their progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always astounded how such a lovely sane delightful woman could rise from such .... I cannot even find the words. I do like the marine mammal line though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. less stress. sounds like lots to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marine mammals would probably be nicer...

    ReplyDelete