Tuesday, November 3, 2009

reflections on loss

it's 3 pm and i'm waiting for my guy to get home from work so we can take the cat to the vet, chances are very high that she won't be coming home with us. she's been pretty ill and is in a lot of pain and suffering. I can't take it anymore and am unsure of how she's managing to hold on as long as she has. You know, people say such stupid shit when someone's sad because of death all in the name of "making it better." i asked a friend to watch mandolin so that we could take the cat and her response to my heartache was "well, you have tubby, so you can't be too sad." that the same as telling someone who lost a child "well, you have other kids."

3 comments:

  1. I know you know that you have to cut people some slack in these "grief" situations. Mostly because anything after "Oh, darn, that's a shame" is useless, but people think they have to try.

    So... drat, I'm sorry about your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bert, for stopping when appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the kitty. I'm sorry about your husband's student too.

    ReplyDelete