Wednesday, January 13, 2010

take 3

this passt week we've suffered through the third stomach flu since christmas. I don't think we're getting the same thing over because each batch of stomach flu started and ended differently. Mandolin is a real trouper and hasn't gotten sick at all, but the rest of us have been knocked out every time. i had the poor luck of being sick all through my brother-in-laws college graduation and the celebration after. everyone else got sick the next day. i had to pull myself together enough to go to the store and get some gatorade and soup. my guy passes out on the couch and bitched like a whiney little baby. At one point we had group nap time and i passed out next to him in bed for a few hours. He regained his senses quicker than i did, but when i got up about an hour after him, i was pissed that he'd left the baby in her bed and didn't help her out. He just looked at me like i was speaking chinese when i explained FOR THE SECOND TIME THAT DAY that one cannot leave a baby in her crib all day and call it parenting. Every so often, you need to change her pants, sit her on the potty so she can try to go, give her some juice and maybe put her in her chair and feed her. You know, take care of the little person, that looks just like him, who can't take care of herself, i like to call it parenting.... This is why I'm the stay at home parent.

IF IDIE, those of you with my address should send many VERY DETAILED care instructions to my guy so that my child has a fighting chance at life. Stalk the man, because he'll need all the help he can get. Remember, my mom thinks going to a doctor is a waste of money and his momma has alzheimer's and hoarding disorders, so they're as useless as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment