Monday, January 11, 2010

Bra Quest

I went to buy a new bra this weekend. I had no real care for where we went (I hate clothing shopping and I really hate doing it alone), it was decided that my best friend V would meet me after my hair appointment and we'd go into the mall to victoria's secret because they were having a sale. I'm cheap, so a sale sounded good to me. When V showed up, she had my daughter and brother-in-law in tow. He had to take his car to be fixed, so she picked him up and brought him along shopping to watch after Mandolin while we accomplished the hard task of finding a decent bgra. It's some hard work to find THE BRA. I didn't find THE BRA, I found an okay bra that will do for now. I was in the middle of picking THE COLOR for the okay bra when my b-i-l started flipping out. I looked up and saw my kid strip in the middle of Victoria's secret and pull on a pair of women's lacy panties and then look at him and say "I'm pretty." I hit the floor laughing. He was practically panicking over what to do. V was no use as she was rolling on the floor laughing, so I had to cease my quest for THE COLOR to yank the lacey thong off my 2 year old, get her re-dressed in her outfit (aqua pants and turtleneck with a large pink tutu that she lives in) and shoes and suggest to him that perhaps he should go wait outside the store while I paid for my bra.

4 comments:

  1. I really, really need to go on the quest, too. Mine are too big now that I've lost the weight. But you have to be in the mood, and I'm not.

    Maybe I can stuff with kleenex till then. :D

    VQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verb,

    You just need to suck it up and do it, you'll feel so much better after doing it. I'd forgotten about how good it feels to fit my gals into a bra and not have to pull straps or tug anything. I have no plans to do it again until this one it too big, but man it's nice to put a bra on that does the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are too big too. :-/ And what Mandolin did was just too damn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around the house, I'm going commando in the bra area. I'm just not up to searching for the perfect bra...

    ReplyDelete