Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm an idiot

last night I kept hearing a knocking sound for the better part of an hour, but the screen door was closed, so at first i didn't think anything of it. Eventually, I crept out of my nice warm chair and peeked out the left window, saw nothing, peeked out he right, saw nothing, and went and sat down. Shortly thereafter, the pounding started up again in earnest. This wasn't the knokcing you'd do on a firend's house, this was frantic beating on the door. I sat in my chair watching the door thinking about who could be knokcing on my door at midnight? We live in one of the most dangerous cities in the nation, so something odd usually means something bad. Our immediate area is "safe" (as safe as any place here can be), but that doesn't mean anything. Needless to say, I wasn't in a great frame of mind by this time. So, I got up and approached the door and got up the courage to open the door. Nothing was there, but literally seconds before hand, somehing was pounding on the door like crazy. I was really starting to freak out, because besides Mandolin, I was alone in the house. I closed the door and once again sat down, thinking about what to do. After the next round of knocking started up, i ripped the door open and heard a noise. Looking down, I saw that it was the cat banging on the door with his head. Here I sat for almost an hour terrified that someone was messing with me or trying to get into my house and do us harm, and it was the fucking cat. When I told my guy about it, he laughed so hard I'm shocked he didn't pee himself. New rule: All cats inside the house after dark.

2 comments:

  1. indoor cats 24/7...the only banging around here is usually Mike trying to kill a spider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe install a doorbell at kitty height?

    ReplyDelete