Friday, January 8, 2010

second time's the charm?

I spent the hours of 1am-4am dealing with Mandolin's issues with sleeping. If she wakes up, I usually ignore her unless she's distressed, but last night she was in fact distressed. She's been having problems breathing at night. I recently moved the humidifier into her room and have been putting the vicks stuff in it to make the menthol steam, that seems to be helping a little. I'm terrified that she'll develop my asthma problems because she has the allergy issues. I'm sure when we go see the doctor in a month that we'll be told that she has the beginning stages of it and have to go for testing etc.

I fell into ed at 4am and woke my guy up to tell him that it snowed all night and he'd probably get to sleep in today. He did me the great favor of waking me up at 8am to get Mandolin dressed for her daycare day. She goes to daycare once a week so i can do stuff and so she can still work on her social skills. problem was, i couldn't find her shoes. mind you, i was drunk from lack of sleep, so this was a production. Mandolin has chores and responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities are to put her shoes away, place her used clothing in her hamper, and pick up any trash (usually hers) and put it in the trash can, and put her toys away. I usually supervise these chores heavily, but didn't have time on wednesday night after we got home from the store, because i was putting all the food away. We didn't go anywhere on thursday, so i didn't think to check and see if she did her chores right on wednesday, assuming that my guy had done it. Wednesday night was trash night, so he took all the trash out and did that stuff. Apparently, Mandoln became confused as to what went where and placed her shoes in the trash and some clothing and trash ended up on the shelf where her shoes go. She didn't mean to do it, but since my guy and I didn't think to check her chore performance, her shoes ended up going out with the trash. This means that today, while she's at daycare, I need to go buy her some shoes. She wears an odd size, and so I can't just go anywhere, no I have to go to an expensive store and spend anywhere between $55-$80 on her shoes. She has a small collection of dress shoes that are mainly for play, but they don't fit right. She also has one pair of winter boots that are the wrong size, which is what she wore today to daycare. She spends most of her time there barefoot anyway, but later tonight I have to go to a meeting and she's going with me, so I need to go get her some shoes. I forced myself to become fully awake and am sitting here waiting for the store to open before I go drive out in the snow and mess to get the kid some expensive shoes. I wouldn't be so pissed but this is the second time that we've had to do this, the last time being in August.

Tomorrow morning i have a hair appointment at the buttcrack of dawn and then I have to buy an outfit (most of what I owned was too big so I gave it all away over the weekend) because sunday is my brother-in-laws college graduation. I really doubted he'd get there. He's one of these people that's so smart he can't function in real life at all. He's going to start grad school in a few weeks, and I wish him luck. I don't understand how someone can get a degree in math and do all sorts of math that most people never dream exists but can't figure out what cleaning product to use clean the toilet versus the one used to mop the floor. Needless to day, this is going to be an interesting day and I'm sure my mother-in-law will be at tip-top crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment