Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer again

not much new here. MissM wallpapered herself in stickers and then got hives from said stickers (ever seen heart and star shapes hives?). she ran a low temp for 3 days after and a cocktail of ibuprofen and benadryl became standard proceedure. one of my sisters and my mother are allergic to adhesives, so i'm not shocked. so when i prayed MissM wouldn't get my allergies, it was answered, but they then gave her all my mom's allergies. careful what you wish for eh?

we're being given a $2,000 swingset for free for missm. the guy's momma has a friend whose kid just aged out of the swingset and the dad was going to just chop it up even though it was expensive and only bought a few years ago. the woman called my m-i-l and offered it to us for free. It's one of those nice wooden ones with the fort, climbing wall, slide, monkey-bars, and 3 swings. missm loved it when we went to see it. the menfolk are going to take it apart in 3-4 pieces, put it in a u-haul and drive it the hour to our place and install it on 4th of july weekend. i'll be fixing food for their hard work efforts while they're at it. i have to decide on ribs or steak for them. i'll have fish or chicken. i rarely eat chicken at home, because that's my standard eating out food. some people eat so much chicken that they get tired of it. i eat a big variety of foods so i won't look at cucumbers and feel ill at the thought of eating them again.

i am now in a size six and according to the BMI chart, i need to lose about 4lbs to be "normal" weight. that seems CRAZY to me! My 7 y-o niece wears a 16youth and that's about the same size as an adult size 6. how do i know? I bought a dress for me niece for her birthday and my guy insisted that i could fit it. I called him crazy and we had a show-down where i put the dress on and it FIT. my niece tried it on after i gave it to her and it fit her too.

that's about all that's new with me. it's been 100ish degrees and so we've taken to doing as little as possible as we live without AC.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you make it w/o AC. But then again you may be used to it. I have a friend who doesn't have AC either. Just fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't live without a/c...too many of my meds make me heat sensitive, as does the diabetes.

    I've become a big fish fan, but I do need to introduce more chicken to our diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take 2 meds right now full time and they make me sensitive to the heat. I'll be off all but one some day. That one will keep indoors a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stickers wallpapering fiasco is hilarious. I'm so sorry, tho, that baby girl was hurting from it. Kids are soooooo cute.

    Jilly, don't you want to post a pic of your new svelte bod? Why not?

    ReplyDelete