Saturday, June 5, 2010

Drama at the Salon

I went at the buttcrack of dawn and got my hair did this am (8am to be exact). While I was getting my hair did I saw a woman with her leg in all sorts of traction machinery and in a wheelchair getting hers done. Like women at the salon do, i pretended I was talking about a sale ad and asked Adrianno wtf was up with that lady. He said she fainted while at the top of some stairs and broke ler leg bone into 5 pieces. Lord have mercy. Her husband stood next to her the entire time holding her foot for her and heling move her from chair to chair. I hope that if I ever break something to bits my guy is literally happy as punch to hold my leg while in the estrogen haven known as a woman's hair salon. Adrianno told me that the woman kept complaining that she wasn't feeling well. He was of the opinion that when one's leg is that mangeled and you're feeling poorly, it's okay to stay home, you'll have hair in a few weeks and can get it cut then. I agreed with him and stated that there are a few times in your life that the world will forgive you bad hair, and having a leg broken to bits is one of them. We then forgot about her and went on to talk of his momma's cooking and me begging him to get his mommato teach me some stuff (they're from Italy, so her food has gotta be tops) when there was a loud roar noise and the broken leg lady fell outta her chair and proceeded to have a massive seizure. It looked like something off of religous TV, I was waiting for someone to put their hands on her and shout "JESUS SAVES!" Sher eally looked like a fish flopping aroun out of water. In less than 5 mins the paramedics swooped in and saved her.

After that got calmed down a bit, Adiranno told me he wanted a quiet day because there'd been a big to-do at the salon the night before. Apparently he was cutting this woman's hair while her husband and his sister were watching when the husband got mad at the wife and full on slapped her in the face while she was sitting in the cahir. Adrianno was upset and had words with the dude when the wife and sister-in-law tried to calm Adrianno down by saying "We're from the chech republic, that's how we do it there. It's okay, he doens't mean harm, that's how it is." Imagine how well that went over? Another woman pointed out that if her husband hit her like that, it would be the last time, he'd have scissors in his eye for his troubles. Look, some guy might get one hit in, but then he'd better pray I never catch him because I am one nasty mean bitch and now that i've taken up running, I'm pretty fast and have decent endurance too.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some wild salon action!

    And I don't buy it about hitting being ok anywhere on earth. It's only deemed ok when people tolerate it.

    If a man ever hit me like that, I'd beat the shit out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why weren't the police called? Assault and Battery is a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some busy salon.It's not ok to hit a woman. I've seen domestic violence once. Was shocked but recovered quickly and grabbed a shovel and hit the guy to get him off her. He was beating her like she was a a full grown man.I saw them months later and they were still married. that was like 10 years ago. I saw her a few months ago now they're divorced. seems she finally got tired of it. she told me he's remarried now.

    ReplyDelete