Saturday, December 26, 2009

Worse than the bunny suit

i hope you had a nice christmas. near midnight christmas, my guy started puking and has kept it up all day today. i got him some gatorade and put him to bed. today i went to see my parents and sisters and got my niece and nephew for a few days. they're currently trashing my house. Mandolin had a great day, santa, mommy and daddy and everyone else gave her a lot. Grandpa in Indiana sent her a $300 tricycle while her papaw bought and built her a table and chairs for her room. The table has cubby holes so it can be used as a desk later. Mamaw got her what seems like several tons of new clothing with shoes to match. At one point, Mandolin said "too much, i'm done" and refused to open any more gifts. We carried on without her and got it all done. On monday we're having a little party for my niece and nephew and they get to open gifts from people here who love them. My nephew has to have surgery on his "boy parts" (as he calls them) in about 2.5 weeks. Poor kid is in a lot of pain and can't pee. Santa and my family were good to me. My mil bought me several outfits fit for a 66 year old NJ housewife married to someone in the mob. Seriously, the gold satin pantset with leopard print trim and matching tassels left everyone speechless. She said "You're so beautiful and I love you and wanted to give you something to show how pretty you are." Her words were sweet, but man I was almost instulted after really taking all of the outfits in. I spent the day to chants of "go try it on, Jillian." I felt like Ralphie. Except everyone but the MIL knew how ugly the outfits were and they were making fun of me. I got my best friends back by getting my MIL to insist on them taking my hand-me-downs since I didn't fit most of the clothing. They didn't like the taunts of "Go try it on, it'll fit" they got after that. the MIL only had one crazy episode and we just ignored her. that's about it for christmas.

1 comment:

  1. My nephew had that same surgery. Apparently, it's rather common, especially in boys. Best of luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete