Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday

My guy's birthday is on the 3rd, he turns 30 (officially old). Tonight we're going to a MD baskeball game as his present from me. The kids are all going to a sitter and the two of us and two of his friends will set off for the game. I plan to take something to do while sitting there. I don't mind basketball, but it does get old. I am 95% completed a baby blanket for a friend and 100% completed the matching pillow. Next on my list are one puppy and one kitten for my niece and nephew and then the hippo for my sister. Someone is paying me to crochet together a blanket they knitted, so that will come first. Moreover, another person wanted to buy a stuffed animal and I may negotiate that out. After list last blizzard it became apparant that a few friends didn't own winter hats, so I may make a hat or two, they only take an hour or so. I am returning my sister's kids on saturday at the extended family party. I will be brining the stuffing and an separate meal for myself. I don't think we'll stay long though, I can't stand my crack whore cousin and the party is at her mother's house. In a little while we're taking the kids to chuckee cheese (hell on earth) to work off all that excess energy before they go to the sitter's house. I think the puking plague has passed us by. Yesterday we spent the day duckpin bowling, a Maryland tradition. For those of you who wonder wtf that is, it's like regular bowling, but the ball and pins are smaller, the ball has no holes and you get three tries to knock the pins over. When it comes to food, my sister's kids are getting on my last nerve. I've long had the policy that if you don't eat what I give you, you get nothing else. My guy wasn't on the same page and was feeding them and falling for BS. After a long chat, he decided to let me do it. It's annoying that he's the "good guy" and I'm the "bad guy."

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I read about your niece on the Old Broad's site. I dont' comment there, so I'm saying it here: I would not hesitate to call Child Protective Services on your sister. Allowing a child to eat until she vomits and then letting her eat more is abuse/neglect.

    ReplyDelete