Tuesday, August 25, 2009

last straw

This summer:

  1. my dishwasher died (my kitchen is the size of a spot-a-pot, so this was a big deal for me)
  2. My fridge died and then took weeks to get the new one installed (see #1 as to why this was hard. We didn't have food in the house for weeks and my daughter can now order fast food. just what a good mother likes to see.... )
  3. The garbage disposal in the sink needed service (it fell off!)
  4. The pipes in the kitchen needed replacing (brown water shot out of the sink)
  5. My laptop battery died (fucking dell)
  6. My treadmill died
  7. My neck/shoulder/arm injury was re-injured
  8. My asthma medications damaged my liver (let's see breathe or have a working liver?)

I know other people have it worse than I do, but this is my spot to bitch, so I'm going to bitch for a second. I can't wait for fall.

2 comments:

  1. Jilly, pay attention to the lawyers' ads on TV; there's bound to be an ad for people using your asthma Rx who now have damaged livers. Because for sure, the FDA wouldn't have allowed it on the market if that side effect was known...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's actually in the fine print if one bothers to read the packets that come with the medication that they're given. i only bothered to read it after i got a call from the Dr. the dr seems to think that the liver can heal itself over time. all of that aside, i'll probably get a call from an ambulance chaser because after my spinal injury was reported, they called me non-stop wanting to sue the hell out of someone. The medical report state the injury was common for car accident victims and so that got people to call me to sue someone. I was not in a car accident, so i had many interesting conversations about my medical health with strangers who i had no idea were allowed to get into my business and call me about it. anyway, there's a reason they check my blood every so often, and that's because my birth control pill as well as the asthma pills COULD cause long-term damage. they don't think it's the BCP because I haven't been taking it for a few months. i'll keep you posted about the re-test next month.

    oh and guess what? my new elliptical broke yesterday, but they're sending me a new one. fall needs to hurry.

    ReplyDelete