Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fantasia


Mandolin loves Fantasia by Disney. We've been watching parts of it on youtube and she sits and watches it and tells me what she sees. I HATED Fantasia as a kid. It was boring to me. When I heard the music, I saw different pictures from the ones made by Disney. Now as an adult, I can appreciate the creativity, artistry, and hard work that really went into the 1940 and 2000 versions. I'm thinking of getting her the DVDs so she can watch (and dance with) the movie as she feels like it. She also loves watching ballet. I've never seen a little kid just sit and watch something like that, afraid to miss a single moment. With all of the animation software out there that's easy to use and inexpensive to own, I would have thought more people would make thier own versions of Fantasia. My guy has been playing around with Flash for some time now, he's going to have to teach it sooner rather than later. We've talked of us taking a class together because I like "artsy" stuff and he hates anything "artsy." If ever there was someone to fail finger painting, it would have been him. If I had the talent and the know-how, I'd love to close my eyes, think of what the music made me feel, and find a way to show that to others. In the fall, Mandolin will be 3, which is old enough to take dance class, and I hope our renter gets it together so that we can sign Mandolin up. My parents never had money for stuff like that for me, and she loves to dance and watch people dancing so much, that I don't care if she'll never be the best or even all that good. If she's happy, then it's worth us not taking vacations for her to have that experience.

2 comments:

  1. Jilly I took Maddie to dance classes and they were the absolute best. All those little girls were so cute and had such a good time... and the recitals. I never saw a boring one. It is so joyful to watch all that enjoyement

    ReplyDelete
  2. orb, i'm sure dance had a big impact on maddie's life. i know providing that for mandolin will be a blessing for her.

    ReplyDelete