Sunday, October 4, 2009

Elliptical Pt 2


So I love my brand new elliptical to repace the old new one that got broken after a week of ownership (don't let people borrow your stuff!) There's one small problem with the new machine: they never charged me for it. When I called the store about the machine being broken they accredited my account (I didn't know this) right before they arranged pick up of the broken machine and delivery of a new one. In all of the hassle, the woman never went back and charged me for the new machine. I'm not a theif and so my goal for the week is calling the store back and paying for the machine they literally gave me. I would love to accomplish this without getting the lovely woman who made the mistake in any trouble though, because she was very nice and helpful, even if she assisten me in accidentally stealing $300. Have you ever pointed out a mistake like this to a salesperson? I usually do when it happens. My sister (the one with the kids) thinks I'm nuts for paying for it.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Since many businesses don't imagine this could ever happen, they don't have procedures in place to rememdy the situation. I remember vividly my mom having a problem with Master Card, trying to alert them that somehow they had noted that her credit card balance had been paid off, and she had a big credit, because they had added a zero to a partial payment. She never did get them to correct it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definition of Character,, doing what is right when no one is looking. One of my personal favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, may i borrow this as a scenario for when I start teaching morals and ethics in my Philosophy class?

    ReplyDelete