Saturday, July 10, 2010

new Pics and stuff




















Here are some pics. I made this red hat for myself. It's a lily sugar 'n cream cotton yarn free pattern found here:

http://www.sugarncream.com/search.php?key=hat&searchResults=&PATTERNS=Search

I made mine in a becoming shade of burgyndy and I had to pull the pattern out 3 times and ended up taking 4 tries and HEAVY modification to fit my head. the pattern, as made in the directions with the hook they state one should use, comes out to be the appropriate size for a giant. But, I like my hat as I finally made it and will be using the crab stitch and the crossed dc pattern again in the future.

I also made a pattern for a phone holder and a camera holder. My firend like my phone holder and camera holder so much I made her a pink phone holder and a blue camera pouch like mine.

This is my new pink purse and holds all my junk and is cute. I am going to make a few flowers and safety-pin them on as an easily removed decoration. Another friend got a similar, but a bit larger, purse in beige and has asked me to make her a few trees from the book "Crochet Adorned" and attach those for her. It should be quick and easy.

I am making a boy's baby blanket for a friend's soon-to-be-born grandson. Their big rednecks, so I picked 2 shades of cammo, an oatmeal and a chocolate brown and am making 16 8"x8" squares and then will crab stitch a border in oatmeal or chocolate. I have 1.5 oatmeal squares and then 4 chocolate squares and then assembly and border and i'm done. The original pattern can be found here:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80854AD.html?noImages=

I changed it heavily by adding 2 colors, 4 squares, and a border, but really, why have a baby blanket that's 24"x24"? That's almost sueless for a kiddo. This one will be about 32"x32" and he can keep for ages after he's out of the infant carseat.

I have been playing with pattern making but need to rework my idea. I got a cute grannysquare heart from here:
http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/94308.aspx

but they made it into a scarf. That scarf must be huge as each heart I did came out to 5.5" inches at the alrgest point. making 50 of them and then sewing them together in boxes must be a HUGE scarf. I think if I made her scarf, I'd have to use a hook that was 2-3 notches smaller and possibly smaller ply yarn. the hearts should be 2-3inches if you're going to make boxes and sew them together!

Anyway, my blanker: I have made it in 4 different colors and one granny square and am attempting to attach them all and border it about an 1" to make a square that's about 12"x12". 9 of these together with a 1" border will make a pretty blanket. I need to take out the hearts and re-attack ut leaving the dent in the middle of the heart un-attached to the square so they look like hearts, not spades.

MissM LOVES this square and likes to carry it around the house saying "here's my blanket, I like my blanket. Mommy, finish this blanket, not that one!" when I work on the cammo blanket and not her blanket.

Here's a pick of the hat and scarf I made for MissM last winter to match her shoickingly hot pink pea coat. The hat no londer fits, so I need to get some more pink yarn, undo the hot pink hat and make it bigger. The hot-pink coat will be used again this winter, and the scarf still matches, or i could just make her a new set and give this one away? I don't kow any little girls who'd want it.

We're leaving on the 13th for the yearly trip to Indiana to visit grandpa who's 100, so I need to get my tail in gear and get all my car-work ready. I need to upload all my ipod stuff to my cellphone so my guy and i can each have an mp3 player for the trip, I need to get MissM's car activities together, I need to shop for the food I'm taking (i forsee a lot of McD's stops and I can't touch the free breakfast at the hotel in the AM). I also need to plan what crochet projects I want to do in the car. I've been downloading books read onto podcasts from librivox and listening to them while I corchet. I can still hear MissM and keep her in sight, but I like it the most because I don't have to choose between reading or crochet, I can do both at the same time! right now i'm reading some Willa Cather

http://libravox.org/

6 comments:

  1. They're great....love, love, love the purse. I used to crotchet with my gram, but that was years ago. You make me want to take it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to crochet too, but finally my arthritis got the best of my hands and for some reason, the directions began to be printed in teeny tiny type :)
    I have a tablecloth I did for my mother over 24 years ago that I still use and I've gotten more compliments on it than anything else I finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gail, you can print the directions in large print and they have new lap looms that look like knit and crochet but reall are a series of weaving the yarn around large pegs. that might be arthritis friendly. some days my hands hurt too, but other days i think using them helps work the kinks out. my sisters have a rare gentic illness that's linked to both arthritis and lupus and so i'm not shocked that my joints act up after all.

    schell, it's a good way to do something useful while doing something soothing, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom crocheted. I still have a lot of her things she did. I tried learning it. She and I were both impatient but for different reasons. :)
    Like the purse.

    ReplyDelete