Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Zoo









we went to the national zoo on tuesday.

it was 96 degrees and very sunny.

we walked for 4 hours and saw everything that was open. much of the zoo was closed due to rennovations (this isn't the big zoo season yet)

Mandolin loved the monkeys the best.

last year i couldn't have walked around for 4 hours and been the happy person i was yesterday. mandolin and my guy couldn't keep up with me.

we put a lot of sunblock on and drank a lot of fluids, so we were a little tired, nothing bad happened. We didn't snap at each other, we didn't fight, and it was a day full of laughter.

It's shocking the difference 60lbs will make in a body. there were some people struggling around the zoo, and when i saw them, i was constantly reminded to thank myself and anyone else who helped me lose 60lbs, that i am no longer that person who struggles after 4 hours of hiking around places. I too can be a happy tourist (except i still hate crowds)

Here are a few pictures. I think i need to set up one of those online photo books because i have too many pics to share here.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. Can't believe it's so hot there already. You and Mandolin look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had fun. it's been nearing 90's here too. hasn't quite reached it but near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an absolutely fun day. You're inspiring me to get myself in better shape (well, you and some darned scary test results!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the zoo. Any zoo.

    Jilly... do you have before and after shots of you? 60 pounds lost? Jeeze. That's 8 chihuahuas. I say that, because i have two chihuahuas and one needs a little weight reduction -- he is "alpha dog" always eating his smaller brother's chow.

    Congrats on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete