Saturday, December 18, 2010

done.

i'm done. today i got it together enough to complete the shopping and wrap almost all of it. my b-i-l took the tape and paper or i'd be 100% done. I finished making the toys for MissM's daycare party on thursday. I made 5 mermaids, 4 bunny blankets and 2 footballs plus gift bags. One of the bunny blankets and one mermaid were for friends who don't attend the same daycare, but they were on the list. I am in the middle of one kindle cover and thinking about the second. I still need to make 3 prayer shawls, but those will come in 2011. some woman offered me $40 for a baby blanket and then asked for a second (also $40) and $30 for 2 bunny blankets +materials. I just don't feel up to a baby blanket project right now. Tuesday night we're going to take MissM to the light show at the national zoo, i hope i survive it. people in masses get on my nerves at the best of times, but christmas time+my loss+cold+in-laws=disaster. my favorite purchase was buying and then printing an amazon kindle gift certificate for my dad. It took 3 seconds and no real effort from me. amen. MissM did a good job at the advent show at church and will repeat the performance christmas eve. i'm trying to find someone to go with me. i don't have the strength to go alone. one of my best female friends at church is very pregnant and i'm happy for her, but i'm so sad for me. on the 26th i'm supposed to load me and the kid into the van and drive to western md to visit family. the thought of it makes me tired and depressed. i wanted to meet up on the 1st at a restaurant half-way, but they rarely consider what i want. i gave the cards to my guy to mail. if you got one, i'm glad. if you didn't, it's his fault and you should send him vibes to get stamps.

i was in lane bryant earlier getting a gift card for my sister and the cashier was rude to me. i didn't have the energy to call her on it. i explained i wanted a gift card for my sister. she said she thought i was making a credit card payment because i didn't have any items. i was a little shocked that she thought i was there to buy for me, since i'm clearly too small for the store. i stated that i'd lost over 90lbs and that at a size 4, lane bryant just isn't for me, even if the clothing is pretty. she asked if i wanted to get coupons in the mail. that's how my entire week has been since sunday. i think i've had enough and this cloud of misery needs to float on away.

this is how charlie brown feels

2 comments:

  1. Jilly, do you really HAVE to visit relatives? I think you could bow out gracefully. There will be other visits. Of course, if the guilt or whatever would be worse than the trip...I just think that at some point you have to put yourself first. No one will remember next year that you decided to stay home. I'm sure it seems impossible right now, but you will start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guy seems to have done fine with the cards--ours arrived yesterday evening.

    I know you love your family, but I'm with Sonya, I think you need a rest from them so that you can recover--you don't need so much fronting.

    Sending love and warm thoughts to you from all of us here in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete